- Reminisce: It is important to spend time weekly with your partner reminiscing about great times.
- Respect: Show your partner how much you care by giving respect even when you may feel you are not getting it in return. Show respect through walking away, managing your own stress, using kind words always, and being willing to say you are sorry.
- Reconnect: Even though life can get very chaotic, spend time every week reconnecting with one another without distractions.
- Relax: It is important to relax when you are with one another. Make it a priority to laugh together, be physically intimate with one another and breathe.
- Remoteness: Although spending time with one another help rekindle old feelings, spending time without one another can remind you of what is so special. Take time to spend an evening or lunch with your friends, yourself or family.
- Reasoning: It is okay to disagree with one another as long as it stays fair. To disagree means having your own opinion but it also requires doing so with respect.
- Rekindle: It is never too late to rekindle old feelings but do it with intention and both feet in. The first step in moving forward is letting things go.
Having trouble remembering why you are with your partner? Want to ensure you stay in love? Here are some ways to enhance the relationship you already have:
Want to Be A Guest Blogger?
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (#88167). I have been working with youth since 2006 in the role of parent educator, therapist, case manager and supervisor from programs involving youth. I have also worked with adults since 2006 through parenting, Child Welfare and Behavioral Health services.