These are all real questions that people have asked including myself at different times in my life. Here are some benefits and ideas to making a resolution. I am going to shift what you would call it though. This is not a resolution such as resolving the old with the new but rather a commitment to new goals you want to achieve.
1. These are short term goals that are attainable so that you can measurably see, touch, smell, hear success.
2. As you see yourself achieving things, your self-esteem will increase, you will feel more empowered to try new things and you will start to believe that you can in fact achieve you long term goals.
3. Setting goals will also help you clarify what is least important or what is not healthy in your life.
4. Setting a goal brings into focus what you value which may highlight the areas you need most work on.
5. It allows you to approach stress in a positive way rather than seeing life in ways that are unmanageable.
1. Most popular-Get into shape
2. Travel more
3. Spend quality time with the people you love
4. Manage debt or payoff debt
5. Change jobs
6. Start dating or stop dating
7. Work on communication/start counseling or education classes
8 Learn a new activity (dancing, painting, martial arts, sewing, musical instrument)
9. Do something out of your comfort zone (meet new people, go skydiving, skiing, public speaking)
10.Volunteer or retire
11. Start going to church
Regardless of what you choose to do, it is something that will only help you excel and grow. The best part of it is you chose the goal and you will find success in because you tackled it. If you need support around it, form a New Year's Group that will help you challenge each other and support one another.
I can't wait to hear what you have tried.